The Netflix Report

Movie reviews from my Netflix queue. Highly personal and opinionated!

Try Netflix for Free!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

What Is This?

I have been sending out movie reviews by email for some time now. I finally decided to post my rambling opinions on a blog for easier reference, faster updates, and less overload to the inboxes of my friends.

Movies reviewed are based on whatever I happen to feel like watching in my Netflix queue, in whatever order they arrive.

I try to give a fair shake to the home viewing experience. Here is my setup for watching DVDs:

A dedicated media room with blackout curtains and an IDEAL-LUME 6500 Kelvin bias light from CinemaQuest mounted behind the TV.

A Hitachi 57S700 57" CRT projection TV, professionally ISF calibrated.

Vienna Acoustic Mozarts for the front mains, wall-mounted V-A Waltzes, and a V-A Maestro for the center channel (mounted above the TV and angled down to the listening position).

An SVS PC-Ultra cylindrical subwoofer with dedicated 525 watt amp.

A Pioneer Elite DV-59AVi DVD player, with digital audio and video output. Hooked via DVI cable to the set and via i-Link to the receiver.

A Pioneer Elite VSX-59TXi receiver with DTS processing.

Enjoy the reviews!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home